Despite the drop in private jet travel, VistaJet says it is providing flights to those who need its services
Last month VistaJet, a unit of Vista Global Holdings, announced it would offer short-term month-to-month leases as a response to COVID-Coronavirus pandemic.
At the same time, it said it would support first responders with free seats on repositioning flights, typically referred to as empty legs.
A month later, VistaJet reports it has been busy helping travelers from around the world get where they need to in light of the vastly reduced airline schedules.
- VistaJet and German airline Lufthansa worked together to bring home a group of students from Canada to Lebanon
- VistaJet organized the transportation of critical spare parts for the oil industry from Guangzhou to Kazakhstan
- A charter flight from a broker, who had an ill child onboard, was refused permits and the owners canceled the flight. A VistaJet Member extended seats on their flight and offered them to the child
- VistaJet arranged a flight for a baby from Morocco who needed to travel to London for life-saving surgery
- Sydney–Cambodia for a family going home with a newborn baby;
- Vancouver–Hong Kong for a family with young children
- Australia–Calgary for a family repatriating back home after a year working in Australia
- US families flying to the Caribbean and Hawaii where they feel safer during this time
- Seychelles–Düsseldorf for a family struggling to repatriate home