What does it take to sell private jet cards? Recently we came across a recruiting ad looking for a jet card salesperson based in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
So what does it take?
Here’s the ad below:
On behalf of our client, an American private jet company, we are recruiting Jet Card Sales Directors for both Dallas & Fort Worth.
For the Dallas & Fort Worth locations, it is imperative you have a background in the executive aviation/private jet industry in a similar role (jet card membership sales, charter sales or jet sales). It would also be beneficial that you have a client base to tap in to when joining them.
The Director of Jet Card Sales is responsible for finding and signing up new Jet Card Clients in the local marketing area by working with the Base Team for the achievement of Client satisfaction, revenue generation and long-term account goals in line with the company vision and values.
- Establish and maintain relationship with current and prospective Members and Owners
- Identify and maintain regular contact with prospective new Members and Owners
- Develop strategy plans for lead discovery
- Prepare proposals, presentations and sales contracts
- Participate in marketing events such as trade shows, seminars, etc.
- Establish and maintain industry contacts that could lead to new members
- Represent the company at various community and business meetings to promote the company
- Establish and implement short and long range goals and objectives
- Participate in staff meetings
- Become knowledgeable of and uphold company policies and procedures
- Promote positive relations with vendors, distributors and local business contacts
- Develop and maintain a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face-to-face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email and networking
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow up activities
- Follow up on all leads
- Be a positive contributing member of the team
- Identity and resolve Member and Owner concerns
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Work Experience:
- 5+yrs high-level aviation/private jet/charter sales experience
- Experienced in selling to High Net Worth Individuals, company leaders etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or other related course of study
- Willing to consider equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience developing, negotiating, finalizing and implementing contracts
- Prior high-end/executive level sales and public contact experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of contracting and negotiating
- Strong ability, “hunter mentality”, for closing sales
- Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintain a professional demeanor while performing in a competitive environment under pressure
- Solid negotiating and decision making skills
- Ability to be persistent persuasively while demonstrating strong customer service skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Solid customer focus
- Competence in Microsoft Office Suite application
- Competence in Customer Relationship Management tools (Salesforce.com)
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the Company
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretions and initiative
- Self-motivated and independent problem solving ability
- Ability to travel as needed within the community, state and country
- Majority of work is completed in a normal office work environment
- Effectively communicate through verbal, written and/or electronic means
- Operate office equipment such as telephone, computer, printer, scanner, fax, postage meter, etc.
- Move up to 25 pounds on an infrequent basis
- Access filing cabinets, drawers and shelves of varying heights
- Travel to various locations within community, state and country