Jet Card Membership Programs provide users convenience when they fly privately, but finding the true hourly rate you will be paying often takes a bit of work
You ask your assistant to go to a few private jet card membership websites and check out the hourly rates. She follows your instructions and puts them in a comparison chart for you. That was easy! Then you join. You get your first invoice, and shock, the prices you are paying have nothing to do with the rates on the website. It reminds you of that $29 per day car rental that ended up costing you $79.
How much is the hourly rate?
To figure out your real hourly rate, here is what you will need to check out:
- Does the quoted hourly rate include the 7.5% Federal Excise Tax?
- What’s the service area where the quoted hourly rates apply?
- Do any destinations in your service area have surcharges?
- Are there initiation or monthly membership fees or charges?
- Is there a CPI (Consumer Price Index) Escalator?
- Are there fuel surcharges?
- How much taxi time is charged per segment?
- Is de-icing including?
- What is the minimum flight time you will be charged?
- Are there any ferry fees or surcharges for one-way flights (where the plane has to fly in to pick you up or fly back to base after you are dropped off)?
- What’s the peak day surcharge?
- Is there a cleaning cost for bringing pets?
- Is catering included, and if so, what type of catering?
- Are there extra charges to guarantee WiFi?
- Are there roundtrip discounts, and what qualifies as a roundtrip?
Private Jet Card Comparisons compares all of the above across over 100 programs from Air Partner, Airstream Jets, Clay Lacy Aviation, Concord Private Jet, Delta Private Jets, Ecojets, ExpertJet, Flexjet, Jet Aviation, Jet Linx, JetSet Group, JetSuite, Magellan Jets, Marquis Jet, NetJets, Nicholas Air, Paramount Business Jets, Private Jet Services Group, PrivateFly, Prive Jets, Sentient Jet, Silverhawk Aviation, Solairus Aviation, Star Jets International, StraightLine Private Air, VistaJet, Wheels Up, Wholesale Jet Club, and XOJET.
You can subscribe now and download our easy-to-use spreadsheets saving you time and money.