VistaJet and XO chalked up big gains in the first half of 2021; The company sees no let-up in future demand
The demand for private jet flights is continuing to surge. Vista Global Holding reports that its VistaJet and XO units each had record-setting first-half 2021 increases and expects the trend to continue.
“It has been an exceptional start to 2021 for Vista and we are making groundbreaking progress in all corners of the world in enhancing our position as the global pioneer within the business aviation industry. Vista has seen a record first half of the year across all metrics and is seeing huge demand for our subscription and on-demand-based offerings. The surge in demand demonstrates how private aviation is the critical mobility solution, as sudden local restrictions continue to cause uncertainty for commercial fliers,” says Thomas Flohr, the group’s founder and chairman.
Here’s the breakdown:
Vista Global Holding
- Vista Global’s on-demand services spiked with a year-over-year growth of 67% in flight hours and 55% up on 2019.
- Regionally, the Middle East saw an increase of 153% in flight hours.
- North America flight hours jumped 76%.
- European flight hours increased 41%.
- North America accounts 71% of Vista Global Holding’s departures.
- VistaJet sold over 8,000 new annual subscription hours during the first half of the year. That was an increase of 67% on 2020 figures, and a 41% rise over 2019.
- 71% of VistaJet’s new incoming requests are from passengers who have not regularly used business aviation solutions before.
- U.S. flights to Europe soared 184% in July 2021 over July 2020.
- Top destinations from the U.S, for summer 2021 are France, Italy, Spain and Greece.
- Top U.S. departure cities for summer 2021 are New York, Los Angeles, and Miami.
- Traffic from Miami International Airport to Teterboro Airport increased 15% in the first four months of 2021.
- XO members were up 82% in the same period compared to 2020.
Vista Global is ranked fourth in Private Jet Card Comparison’s list of the largest operators in North America. The list is based on combined charter and fractional flight hours.
It recently leveraged its acquisition of Talon Air to launch aircraft management and whole aircraft sales under the XO brand.