10 top reasons to buy a private jet card membership
Shortly before Hurricane Irma hit, jet card members were able to exit impacted areas at the same time charter brokers were having problems finding aircraft and charging prices sometimes triple or more the typical rate. A comparison of jet card providers against on-demand brokers before the Mayweather vs. McGregor fight further showcased that if you want guaranteed availability and don’t like surge pricing, jet cards are a great private aviation solution. What’s more, unlike jet-sharing private shuttles and empty legs, jet card members don’t have to share the airplane with strangers and are able to set their own schedule.
“Private jet cards were created by taking excess inventory that was fragmented across a long tail of operators that didn’t want to get into retail sales. We figured out a way to partner with those operators, take the excess capacity and productize it, put a framework of rules to it, and we launched an industry that brought a whole new set of clients to private jets. That’s exactly what Uber or Airbnb has done, except even during peak periods, we guarantee availability at a fixed price,” said Andrew Collins, CEO of Sentient Jet tells Private Jet Card Comparisons.
In the case of Sentient, which is part of the Directional Aviation family (Flexjet, Nextant, Skyjet), the company offers two options for each of four jet categories ranging from Light to Heavy Jets. It is also planning to roll out cards with guaranteed WiFi.
10 reasons why you should buy a jet card:
- You don’t have the long-term commitment of ownership or fractional ownership.
- You don’t have to shop each trip with charter brokers, reviewing different contracts with varying terms. Anytime you, a family member or friend need to go, the private flight is one phone call away. Some card sellers even let you book online.
- You can rely on your jet card program’s standards for sourcing aircraft and pilots, including additional insurance above what operators provide.
- Many jet card programs provide you with guaranteed availability and rates, including during peak periods.
- Most jet cards have one-way pricing (without ferry fees) and also provide discounts for round trips.
- Jet card providers each have service recovery guarantees so you don’t have to worry about getting a re-quote if your original plane or crew can’t make the trip.
- There are jet card programs for every need, be it flying regionally or around-the-world.
- Most jet card programs have 24/7/365 day customer service and keep profiles of what you like and special needs.
- Many jet card sellers are buying in bulk from charter operators, meaning they have purchasing clout as well as priority for accessing jets.
- You know the rules of your program, so you know what you are getting without surprise charges and extra fees.